Summer Intern Program
Looking for a way to make some money this summer AND give back to your organization? Join us this summer as a camp coach!
This year we have full-day camps at both Rockwood and Squaw Creek! We will also have half-day camps at our Briscoe Elementary, Benbrook Par 3, and Texas Golf Center locations. There’s plenty to do around here!
You’ll gain an understanding of what it means to be a coach and mentor, experience elements of customer service, and enjoy the opportunity to work with friends and peers!
Your responsibilities as a summer intern will include but are not limited to…
- Conducting Life Skills curriculum during camps and/or classes as a lead or support coach
- Maintaining participant and coach safety
- Contributing to the development of new and creative camp activities
- Assist in occasional events and tournaments which may include the FWJGA Championships, PGA Jr. League, and Cup Series events
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Have been in the First Tee program for at least 2 years (if current participant)
- Have previously volunteered in some capacity with First Tee – Fort Worth (classes, camps, Jr. Advisory, etc…) OR have been a previous intern
Don’t meet the requirements yet to be a paid summer intern? Think about volunteering with us as a coach and get great experience!
Starting pay is $8.00/hr for first time interns.
Returning interns receive a $0.25 pay increase for every year of service. Example: This is Alexander’s 3rd year working with us so his pay is $8.50/hr.
Summer interns can expect to work between 15-30 hours per week.
This year’s training will be held June 6-7 at the Ben Hogan Learning Center at our Rockwood programming location. This will be followed by a mini-camp June 8-10 to get everyone back into the swing of things! Training will include administrative setup, review of risk management, health, and safety policies, child safety training, PLAYer level coach training, and creative collaboration on camp activities.
Camps will run from June 13-17 through August 8-12, with the exception of no camps June 4-July 8 in observance of the July 4th weekend.
We are flexible with schedules, however we do ask that you notify us of any dates of absence as soon as you know them or no later than 1 week beforehand.
How do I get started?
Interested in becoming an intern? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch shortly before this year’s training!