- Car Talk – *Currently undergoing updates* – Scroll to the bottom of the page for more on how you can stay engaged with your participant! Discover talking points for each week after class to find out just what they’re learning!
- Registration Information – Visit this link to find information on registration, session fees, financial assistance, and military family benefits!
- COVID-19 and Safety Protocol Page
2024 Life Skills Experience Class & Camp Schedule
Life Skills Experience classes are offered at every location on various days. Classes are held once a week for 8-weeks of programming. Camps are held Monday-Friday during Spring Break and for nine weeks in the summer at various locations.
|Registration Open Date
|Jan 6 – March 1
|Nov 27, 2023
|Spring Break Camp
|March 11 – March 15
|Feb 5, 2024
|March 18 – May 11
|Feb 5, 2024
|June 8 – Aug 9
|April 8, 2024
|June 10 – Aug 9
|April 8, 2024
|Sept 7 – Nov 1
|July 29, 2024
- Arrive to classes on time. Always check in with a coach upon arrival.
- Wear appropriate attire. Closed-toed golf or athletic shoes and golf or athletic clothes.
- Bring yardage book, bag tags, and clubs to all classes and camps.
- Demonstrate First Tee’s Code of Conduct while attending camps and classes or representing First Tee: Respect for myself. Respect for others. Respect for my surroundings.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time.
- Be sure that your participant has checked in with a coach upon arrival.
- Make sure that participants are picked up promptly at the end of class or camp.
- Parents may not participate in the instruction of a class or interact directly with participants during class. Please observe our 25 yard rule when possible. If you would like to assist with classes, please visit our volunteer page for more information.
Golf Equipment Options
Does your participant need a set of clubs? Register on our Club Registration Form. As your participant grows and progresses through the program, we will continue to provide suitable clubs and equipment at no additional cost. Clubs will be distributed on the first day of class or camp and will be taken home by the participant. Should your participant drop out of the program for any reason, we ask that the clubs and bag be returned so we may distribute them to another participant in need of equipment.
What’s New in 2024?
Thanks to a successful Pilot Program in Fall 2023, our classes are now moving to a 45-minute model! Sessions will remain weekly classes for 8-weeks, but will be shortened from 1.5 hours to 45 minutes. This means reduced prices for families and a more direct and focused class for our participants! You might even make it home with more time for dinner and homework!
If you have paid but desire a refund for any reason you must contact us 48 hours in advance of the class starting to regain a full refund. Partial refunds may be issued on a case-by-case basis.
Being a member of First Tee comes with many practice and playing privileges at locations around the metroplex including Rockwood Park Golf Course, Squaw Creek Golf Course, Leonard’s Golf Links, Benbrook Par 3, and Texas 9 (formerly Texas Golf Center)! Participants must present their bag tag to each facility and have a current year’s sticker on their bag tags in order to take advantage of these privileges. Need to update your sticker? Active participants should receive their updated sticker on the day of their first class or camp of the year. These perks are for participants only and do not apply to guests, parents or siblings not in the program. Click HERE to see all the practice and play benefits being a participant has to offer!
In Case of Inclement Weather
Unfortunately, sometimes the weather can get the best of us. If rain, lightning or other weather events will impede outdoor classes we will notify families according to our policy below. For programs with indoor capability (PGA Superstores, Rockwood and Squaw Creek), classes will be held indoors, regardless of weather. Please note our Lightning Policy: Should lightning strike within 10 miles of our location, we must move indoors, delay or stop classes until 30 minutes have passed and no other strikes have occurred within 10 miles.
For our locations with indoor facilities available (Rockwood Park, Squaw Creek, PGA Superstores), classes will take place rain or shine unless the weather is dangerous for travel. For class cancellation information, look for email and/or text notifications from Site Directors, or for mass cancellations, see Facebook posts 70 minutes prior to the start of the class. Additionally, you can also call our offices at (817) 420-9370. You must have selected your mobile service provider during registration to receive text notifications.
It is important to make sure your contact info is updated before and during each session. If you haven’t been receiving class updates or your information has recently changed, find out how to update your information here.